SFJ Art Gallery
With think of our cafe as a huge empty canvas – the plates are a canvas for our food and the walls are a canvas for the incredible artists of Sydney. These artists, like all art in general, help us take a second in our busy lives and reflect on what’s important – whether it’s our inner peace, womens rights or the joy of pop art.
Over the years we’ve shared the space with so many greats as the SFJ Art Gallery rotates every 6 weeks. Shout out to some of the best legends that helped us get start on this journey EgyBoy, Oodlies & Leriquiqui – we’ve loved sharing the space with you.
As we’re a community based cafe who survives because of chippendale – we give 10% of all art proceeds to our local charity (Amnesty International – just up the road on Abercrombie st) & the other 90% straight back to the artist – hoping to help the artist and those less fortunate than us to survive as well.
To date we’ve donated $621.20
We chose Amnesty International because we believe everyone should have a voice and human rights no matter what nationality or colour they are. They have a great personal touch to their organisation when working with them and I can see they genuinely care and i’m honoured that our donations have helped them to help Refugees seeking refuge, the slave labour of working holiday visas in the Australian farms and the unfair treatment of Indigenous Australians.